Pony Camps at R & M Stables for 2020
- General information: Camp costs are $250 per rider per camp session, plus the $25 annual insurance fee. Please note that Camp 1 is for Junior Wranglers only. This camp is required for those accepted into the Junior Wrangler program. Camps 4 & 7 are advanced camps for those riders who have been involved in our lesson program throughout the 2019 -2020 seasons.
- Camp 1: June 1-4 FULL!
- Camp 2: June 8-11 FULL!
- Camp 3: June 15-18
- Camp 4: June 22-25 (Advanced level ONLY; must have attended our riding program in 2019)
- Camp 5: June 29-July 2
- Camp 6: July 13-16
- Camp 7: July 20-23 (Advanced level ONLY; must have attended our riding program in 2019)
Photos by Mike G. Photography
- In our “pony camps,” children will receive daily riding time in the saddle and have the opportunity and responsibility for caring for our wonderful ponies. Our ponies are so much fun to be around. They are friendly, love children and are specially chosen to match your child’s size, skill and personality. Our unique emphasis on equine principles in and out of the saddle ensures that your child will learn about how a pony thinks and behaves.
At the end of each week, campers will show what they have learned in a pony parade that they will present to parents. This is a great way to round out your child’s pony camp experience.
Pony Camp includes the following:
- Basic riding skills and practice
- Equine safety, from the ground and in the saddle
- Pony care: feeding, hoof care and health
- Stables and corral – basic stable care and cleanliness
- Tack care and equipment along with teaching about the various kinds of tack
- Equine education – how a horse thinks
- Games in the arena that reinforce the learning goals we are teaching each day
- Pony parade where parents are welcome to take photos and videos
- Each day will begin with drop-off at 8:00 a.m. camp ends at 12 noon and we ask that all campers be picked up promptly at 12 noon.
- Full Week Day Camps: Monday- Thursday from 8:00 a.m. – 12 noon
- Cost: $250 per week + $25 insurance fee.
- 10 campers per session