Frequently Asked Questions
Thank you to all who have registered and continue to reach out with questions about this event! Here are a few answers for you.
- Where can I park? You will park in the designated area (formerly Long C Trails) and there is plenty of room to unload and tack up.
- Can we camp out the night before the event? Unfortunately, there is NO camping available for this inaugural event. Many of the facilities were disabled when Long C closed. Bathrooms are open in the registration area, but there are no hookups or showers.
- Will spectators be allowed to watch? Our course has been extended to cover over 300 acres. No spectators are allowed on the course. Friends and family are welcome to bring their comfortable chairs and enjoy the main camp area while their rider is on the course.
- Will the course be open after the event? Yes, the course WILL re-open once competitors have finished. You can revisit obstacles that were challenging or simply enjoy the trail until dusk! Only registered competitors may ride.
- Can non-competitors bring a horse and ride too? Can my husband, wife, significant other bring an extra horse to ride along with me after the competition? Once again, NO, as our insurance only covers the 50 riders who will compete. If they want to ride, they must enter.
- Who wins awards and what are the awards? Will only the top three win an award? NO. Our awards will go six deep in both the novice and open categories; Nutrena will furnish top 3 and Tractor Supply places 4-6. The top three horses in each division will win ribbons.
- Can I ride but not be judged at the obstacle? I imagine so, but this event is about making a deeper connection with our horse. I encourage participants to attempt obstacles. If any make you uncomfortable, you can pass up that obstacle. Course will re open after last group finishes so you can re-visit obstacles, get some more practice, or simply enjoy the trails with your friends until dusk.
- Where can I find entry forms? To find entry forms, the required waiver and the rules and other info, go to www.randmstableshendersonville.com. Yes, you must DOWNLOAD the forms (both the application and the waiver are required) to fill out forms and mail to address listed there. You cannot fill it out and enter online.
- Do you accept ‘day of’ entries? This event is limited to 50 riders, so if it doesn’t fill prior to the 18th, then yes. We will close entries when we have reached our maximum capacity. We have 23 riders registered as of August 30, and with 3 weeks to go, we think it will fill before the event. Your best bet? Enter before the event so you know you have an entry.
- If I am a novice rider and my friend is open, can we ride in the same group? Yes. This is basically a long trail ride and we want you to ride along with your friends. Remember, each rider is scored independently at each obstacle.
- If we bring several people from our barn, can we ride together in a group? Absolutely. We plan to limit this event to 50 riders who will go out in groups of 10. Riders can go independently or with their friends. Again, obstacles are scored independently. So if your group brings 10 riders, you have a group!